Friday, July 11, 2014

6 weeks to go!!!

Well since my last post, time has just flown by with preparations for ending the school year at work, moving to Flagstaff and beginning my last session of classes for my master's degree and trying to get the house ready for our new addition!

We have only 6 weeks left before our little one will make his or her arrival. Before that happens, I need to finish classes, take the PRAXIS exam for Speech Language Pathology (and hopefully pass) and get the baby's room ready.

Needless to say, I am beginning to sort of freak out thinking about everything that I need to do and want to do but I am trying to take things one week at a time. This week I started the pumping protocol to help my milk come in so I can feed the baby when it arrives.

Now I know for sure how a dairy cow feels! OUCH! I get to have this sensation every three hours until the little one arrives and takes over for the pump. Joy. However, I will do what I need to do in order to do what is best for the baby. Also, the bonding aspect of it will be great!

Along with the pumping, I am on three different medications 3-4 times a day and am trying to lay off the caffeine and drink at least a gallon of water per day. (Hello bathroom every 10 minutes). Fun stuff but again, it will be all worth it in the end....... right?

The little one, according to the doctors (and Electra) is very active and has even done a few flips here and there! Amazing! The doctor's recommend trying to induce naturally around the 39th week assuming baby doesn't decide to come before then. So, I will be traveling as soon as possible so that I can be there for the last minute appointments and to make sure I am there for delivery. Dan will be headed there shortly behind me.

I am also sort of freaking out about our ability to keep baby safe, this stems only from the burden of knowledge I am receiving from my schooling though. I know Dan and I are quite capable, it's just that everything I am learning about is scary and sad and I have the inclination to keep the baby in a padded room until they are grown! (Obviously we will not be doing that so don't go running to CPS or anything). I am guessing these are all normal feelings though and I am sure parents have these fears throughout their child's lifetime. The fears only prove how loved this baby is already.

That's enough for now, please keep Electra and baby Leade in your prayers so they continue to be healthy and safe and that labor is as quick and painless as it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment