Monday, March 9, 2015

10 things no one ever tells you about being a mom after infertility

1. Apparently, the baby blues can happen even if you don't actually carry and deliver the baby yourself...
       - After Nathan was born, I cried.... a lot! I cried because I was happy that he was finally here, I cried because he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, I cried because all he did was eat and I was all alone missing out on family events while he ate, I cried because I was tired, I cried because I had to go back to work sooner than I wanted to, basically, I cried for 6 weeks (at least)!
2. You will not sleep for the rest of your life (I am guessing) because if the baby is awake, so are you and if the baby is asleep.... so are you because you are worried that there is something wrong with them and when they get older there will be plenty of things they do that will cause you unrest as well.
3. You will love like you have never loved before.
       - nothing else matters in the whole world but the little person  you were meant to raise and your heart will feel like it is bursting with love (and you will probably cry).
4. Literally, nothing else matters...
     - not work, not the house chores, not even dinner plans, you will just not care about any of it anymore.
5. All the pain you felt when co-workers and friends and family members announced their pregnancies, will go away.
       - any new announcement after you have your bundle of joy, will make you SO happy (especially if you know they sort of struggled too)
6. You will become that seriously annoying person that you used to hate that post hundreds of photos a week on social media of your baby.
7. You will read everything there is to read about baby milestones and check daily to see if your baby is meeting them.
8. You will probably print 100 photos a week and send 100 more than that to anyone that will give you their email address.
9. You will ignore your husband (for a while anyway) but will reconnect once the little miracle sleeps through the night (assuming that actually is a thing...)
10. You will eventually realize that you ARE a mommy, it is actually true and that little thing relies on you 100% so no matter what, you need to be there for him, always. Which of course you will be, anytime, anywhere he needs you, no matter what.






2 comments:

  1. I love this and can totally relate. And don't worry. That sleep thing WILL happen. As for you, post away! We all love a happy ending and LOVE seeing Nathan's pictures all over FB! :) I'm still so happy for you… :)

    ReplyDelete