Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One third of the way there!

Last I wrote, there were 14 eggs donated. That turned into 8 fertilized eggs on the day after donation. Then, on day three, I was told I had 7 embryos, one had stopped growing. They said they would call me on day 5 to let me know how many survived that far. Day 5 was yesterday and I received a phone call saying that they froze 4 "beautiful, perfect embryos" and were letting the others grow one more day. They said that they were where they should be but not quite as good as the 4 they had already frozen but that things could change over night and if they had made it to "blast" then they would freeze them too. The phone call I received this morning was to tell me that two of them had continued to grow and they made it to blast and were able to be frozen.

So, as of today, we have 6 "snow babies" just waiting for an oven!

Now, all we have to do is get all the legal stuff out of the way and plan for transfer. The goal is to get everything ready to do transfer for early December so if and when it all works, baby would arrive in August.

We are a third of the way there, however, I am not completely breathing just yet, but at least we have embryos......

Until next time, thanks for the prayers and support.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome !!!!!! You'll have creative little leo doll babies...sending big love. and Advatar energies <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, prayers for you and your "snow angels"!!! ~ Leslie

    ReplyDelete