Wednesday, January 18, 2017

We have hit the first bump in the road of our new journey.....

Well it was bound to happen I guess and maybe it is for the best but we are currently at a short standstill because my body has a mind of its own and refuses to cooperate when it comes to fertility treatments!

I went in today for a baseline ultrasound and to have blood work done. The ultrasound showed a small cyst and the blood work showed that my estrogen was way too high to begin the regiment of fertility drugs.

So, I have to double up on birth control which really does a number on a woman hormones, in this case, that will be good to decrease the estrogen but may really increase my irritability, sorry friends! I will try my best not to bite any one's head off! (Just don't say something silly and I won't bite ;))

I have to do the birth control thing until the 30th and will then go in for another ultrasound and blood work check.

On the 31st, I will be transporting those two sweet embryos from Phoenix to Tucson. PLEASE PLEASE PRAY YOUR HARDEST FOR A SAFE AND UNEVENTFUL TRANSPORT THAT DAY!!! We need them to stay nice and frozen and to not get shaken up.

I'll update again on the 30th. Until then, please pray for the cyst to decrease and to stop pouring out all that estrogen (no wonder I have been crying at stupid things!)

Thanks for listening, I am off to play with my handsome little two year old! Who by the way is not only matching colors but identifying patterns of colors too! We have a quiet little smarty pants on our hands!

2 comments: