Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Another Journey....

First, let me tell you that Nathan is growing so fast! He is showing us every day how smart he is and what he can do. He is slowly starting to say a few words but hasn't done so consistently just yet. He is getting support for that though and we know that he will be a chatterbox soon enough!



Now, as you may remember, we have two embryos left. With our last two failed attempts with our surrogate, we decided to go a different route. I found a new IVF doctor here in Tucson. She is great! She went through IVF to have her children so she is compassionate for sure. She is also encouraging and very knowledgeable. I was able to have a free consultation with her to go over my options. Could I potentially be able to do this on my own? Are there any other things to try given that I tried three times before with no luck? What are my odds? These were just some of many questions I had for her that day.
After our initial meeting, I had bloodwork done and then went through another fertility test that was not fun at all and nothing I will share here in too much detail but it was basically to see the uterine lining and make sure that there wasn't anything there that could prevent pregnancy from happening. According to the testing, everything looks just as it is supposed to and according to the doctor, there isn't a reason why I shouldn't be able to do this.
I met with her a third time and we came up with a plan of action. She thinks that I should try since I never tried with our donor eggs. All of our failed attempts were with my own eggs and most miscarriages happen for genetic reasons. She said by using donor eggs, we are eliminating my genetic issues that could have caused the failures. So, we started on that plan today and if all goes well, we will be transferring in mid February.
I am telling you all this because I am asking that you will please, please pray for us during this journey. Pray for an uneventful drive as I bring my embryos from the old clinic to the new one, pray for healthy embryos to survive the thaw and pray for "sticky eggs" once we do the transfer and for us to get our Big Fat Positive results back 10 days later. I truly believe it was the power of prayer that brought Nathan to us the first time around and this is why, this time around, I am sharing this journey with you all again.
Thank you in advance.

4 comments:

  1. Praying that you will be able to do this. Love you so much and would love to see you have another child. You and Dan are good parents.

    ReplyDelete