Friday, February 1, 2013

Bed rest blah..... and a big thank you to the most dedicated hubby ever!

Today is only day four of the bed rest orders and I am going a bit stir crazy! I have read two books and will finish a third today. I have done my homework for the week. I have answered a few work emails and rescheduled meetings. I have slept and slept some more and best of all, I have really enjoyed being pampered by my loving husband.

Needless to say, infertility is hard on a marriage and after as many years as we have been dealing with it, most couples would probably be headed for a divorce. I would like to complain and say I have had it the hardest with 9 surgeries, hundreds of injections, countless lab tests and the overall illness factor, but I have to acknowledge the hardships he has taken on too.

He has also had his blood drawn several times (twice in another country), had to donate his swimmers in numerous doctors offices (which is, I am sure a bit awkward to say the least) for each pregnancy attempt, had to deal with my sudden crying fits over our losses and has had to take care of me for every one of my 9 surgeries. Not to mention, men are heartbroken by miscarriage too. All of this takes its toll but through it all, he still manages to be my rock and doesn't complain one bit about a few days of having to do all the cooking, cleaning and pet care.

The past few days (and anytime I have ever had to be on bed rest or recovering from a surgery), he has planned every meal, cooked it, brought it to me along with anything else I request. He has done laundry, dishes, organized rooms, painted and even cleaned floors. To be fair, these aren't things reserved exclusively for me on a normal basis, no, he does more than his share of housework on other days too but I guess I appreciate it more when all I can do is watch him do it now.

I know this has been hard on him too and I am just so grateful that he manages to keep going, looking ahead, being positive so I don't fall apart.  Every time I have fallen apart, he has been there to make things seem better and I would like to say I have done the same for him. That is how marriage is supposed to work right? Yes, we have had our rough times but through it all, we have each other and that is what matters the most.

So, here is a huge THANK YOU to the best, most dedicated, caring husband a wife could have, I LOVE YOU Dan!

5 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me. If you can come through what life dealt you this strong and together, there is hope for all of us. Keep believing and hoping and you will have that baby!
    dtb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I ditto what David said. You are so very strong and have faced the hard facts of life and come out ahead. You were a strong child too. I am sure you count Dan as a real blessing. You deserved someone like that! We are praying for the best to come with this try. Keep up you faith that it will happen.

    Thank you Dan for taking care of our girl.

    Love ya both. Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Uncle David and Aunt Mary!

    ReplyDelete