Friday, February 8, 2013

The wait is almost over......

I am near the end of the two week wait and I am going a bit crazy to say the least. The symptoms for pregnancy are nearly identical to the same symptoms a woman gets before "aunt flow" comes to visit. I have had nearly every symptom on the list. So, needless to say, this week has been an emotional roller coaster of "Oh, I am feeling this so it definitely worked" or "Oh crap, this is happening, impending doom is near!" It is maddening for sure and there is nothing anyone can do about it but continue to wait.

I could sneak a home pregnancy test but there is emotional drawbacks to that too. There can be false results or it could be accurate (which would be great if it is positive, not so great if it is negative). If the test shows negative, I won't know if it is really negative or a false negative until Monday and why ruin my weekend? If the home test is positive, I could be really happy all weekend only to find out that it was a false positive on Monday and that would certainly be tragic too. So, I will wait and continue to analyze every "symptom" that comes about and pray that it means pregnancy and not impending doom and try to stay busy until Monday.

Unfortunately, I do have to work on Monday and I cannot leave in the middle of the day crying if the results are negative. Fortunately, I have a really great, really supportive work family who I know will either congratulate me and jump for joy or who will cry with me and take me out for drinks at the end of the day. I am very lucky know such wonderful people.

I will sign off for now but first, I want to thank everyone of you who are out there praying and offering encouraging comments. Now, I am off to try and enjoy the weekend I have without the crazy amount of paperwork that awaits me back at work and I will try not to worry and stress too much until Monday.

3 comments: