Monday, November 11, 2019

2019, is this our year for number 2?

After the first of the year, we decided to begin the fertility journey again and prepare to transfer our last embryo in July. I felt that I wasn't getting any younger, I didn't want to just destroy the embryo and that I didn't want to pay to have it stored any longer. We both sort of felt like we were going to just be throwing money away as we figured it wouldn't work and this would at least allow closure. We both decided that having one child was going to be okay and since he was already a blessing and a miracle, we shouldn't be greedy. I feel that this way of thinking released all the pressure off the attempt and definitely helped me not to stress over the process. It was all in God's hands.

I was able to get into the doctor in May for a consult and she discussed a new procedure where a biopsy is taken of the uterine lining to test for bacteria that could be causing my body to attack embryos. If I had the bacteria, we would that with antibiotics prior to transfer for a week and then retest. If the test was then negative, we could proceed. I went through the test under anesthesia and all went smoothly. The test was negative. That news was good but also felt like we were back to square one. It will either work or not work and if it didn't, we still would have no idea why. All we could do was pray for the best outcome, whatever that was, whatever HIS will was for our family. So we did.











No comments:

Post a Comment