Monday, November 11, 2019

Transfer Day and 2 week wait

On August 22nd, we went in for the embryo transfer first thing in the morning and everything went smoothly. We went home and relaxed all weekend. Monday came as well as work for Dan and I and school for Nathan, the week flew by. The following week was the same, busy as usual and no time to really think about what was happening. I had a party to plan for Nathan's big 5th birthday as well so I kept pretty busy, maybe that was key. It was all very different than all other attempts prior, I was not stressed, I didn't have time to be, plus I had convinced myself that being a mom of one was enough. When the nurse called me on the morning of August 30th, I fully expected her to say "I am sorry, it didn't take". However, she said instead, "Congratulations, you're pregnant!". My first Beta was over 80 which was way higher than in March 2017 and a lot to process! I had to go back in the following Monday for a retest to make sure that my numbers were doubling as they should and when I got that call, that was even better news. The numbers had more than doubled!!
The next steps were ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat and then ultrasounds every two weeks until the doctor decided that I was safe to be released to a high risk OB. That first heartbeat check appointment was SO scary. I remembered from 2011 what I was supposed to see and held my breath from the moment I was in that office until I spotted those flutters in the middle of the grey blob on the screen! It was a beautiful and welcome sight for sure. The next ultrasound showed the same and an even bigger blob that somewhat resembled a baby and the third ultrasound showed an even bigger blob that looked a bit more like a baby with another strong heartbeat! During this ultrasound, I even saw legs kicking and arms waving!! It was pretty amazing! This was week 9 in pregnancy for me and the doctor said that I needed to start seeing the high risk OB at week ten and that I had officially "graduated" from the fertility clinic!?!?! I made that appointment for the following week and waited impatiently until then.  


No comments:

Post a Comment