Saturday, January 19, 2013

"How do you handle the stress?"

People say all the time, "I don't know how you do it, I couldn't do all that, it is too stressful! How do you do it? You are brave."

To that I say, I am not really brave, others have put their stories out there before me and theirs are way more painful and personal. I have read those stories and they are the ones that have inspired me to be strong and share. Without those women and their encouragement, strength and words of wisdom, I couldn't do it.

I am lucky to have gotten to know a few women who have gone through the same thing and they have had success and those women give me hope. I hang on to that hope each day and when the stress and worry get too much, I run or if I can't run, I take photography hikes. I took the photo on the front page of this blog. It is of my cousin's little girls. We did a whole photo shoot and I smiled the whole time. It was so much fun and they were great little models! Not once did I stress over anything else.

These two things keep me going and of course I do them both with my best fur friend, Maizie. When the world feels like it is crashing down around me, she jumps up and wags her tail and gives me a million and one slobbery dog kisses and I can't help but smile.

Last but not least, the people around me hold me up. If I couldn't laugh with friends, co workers and family, the world would be a much darker place. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to see the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all on my FB page in my photos under various albums. "Cousins", "Zane", "playing with photography", just to name a few.

      Delete