Wednesday, January 16, 2013

IVF attempt number three....... here we go!

I have received all of my medication and have been taking everything for 4 days now. Let me walk you through a day of IVF drugs.

6:30 am injection 1, heparin injection in the stomach.
6:35 am injection 2, HGH injection in the stomach.

6:40 - Grab things and go to work.

2:00 pm- migraine starts

Somewhere between 4 and 5pm - leave work and head home. Migraine worsens.

6:30 pm - another heparin injection in the stomach
6:35pm - Lupron injection in the stomach
7:00 pm - mix three vials of one drug into three vials of another drug and then into GIANT syringe and hand to hubby so he can give me the injection. (Unless of course he is at work, then head into the bathroom so I can look into the mirror and do it myself.)

So, that is 5 injections a day every day for about 10 days. My stomach is no longer skin color, no, now it is more like a beautiful mixture of greens, purples and blues! It is quite attractive and I know you are all jealous...... :P

And where the other injections go..... well that area has turned so tough with scar tissue that while trying to give me last nights shot, the damn needle bounced off three.......THREE, times before going in.

We just laughed, because you have to, otherwise, you will go insane!

Oh and that migraine...... I can take Tylenol for that, which helps about as much as eating one jelly bean to control your hunger after not eating for three days! So, I use ice packs and a dark room and the hubby and Maizie the dog help by being there and getting things for me and I rest and I do it all again the next day.

I go in tomorrow to see how everything looks follicle wise and will know tomorrow afternoon when we will go in to get the eggs removed.

Wish me luck! I will update when I know more. Thanks for all your prayers.

2 comments: