Monday, January 14, 2013

"we are not trying but are not, not trying either"

We got married in April of 2004 and in October that year, we celebrated our 5th year together. We decided then that it was time to "not try but not, not try to get pregnant". Little did we know that we would end up two years later beginning the infertility journey. In that two years, I watched numerous friends, siblings and cousins have beautiful, healthy babies and was elated for every one of them. I remember saying every time I heard an announcement or visited a friend after a birth, "save your clothes for me, I will need them soon!" That time didn't come and now most of those children are well into their elementary school careers. By 2006, I had gone through 2 more laproscopes and started asking my doctor for fertility advice. Now when people tell me this phrase, and within two months, they are bursting with pregnancy bliss...... I can't help but hate them. Just a little.

1 comment:

  1. No one could blame you. It isn't fair. You deserve pregnancy bliss damn it!!!

    ReplyDelete